Baby kale salad with basil vinaigrette
About the recipe
We partnered with our friends at goop to bring you two exclusive recipes created specially for Willo by Caitlin O’Malley, Food Director at goop, the modern lifestyle brand. This salad features our sweet and hearty baby kale and a unique dressing made with basil and champagne vinegar.
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 small shallot
- 1 large handful fresh basil
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the salad:
- 3 large handfuls baby kale
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup sheep’s milk feta
- Flaky salt
- Fresh-cracked pepper
- First make the dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a powerful blender and blitz until smooth. Taste and adjust—you might want an extra splash of olive oil or vinegar.
- To assemble the salad, toss the baby kale, tomatoes, and corn in a large bowl and crumble the feta on top. Add a little bit of dressing at a time and toss well until it’s at your desired consistency. Finish with a generous pinch of flaky salt and lots of fresh-cracked pepper.