The primary responsibility of this position is to monitor the farm and respond to simple on-farm technical issues. This is a part-time position working 20- 30 hours a week. The position is a night shift position that covers 9:00 pm – 6:00 am and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete hourly physical inspections of farm equipment
- Monitor farm environment
- Turn on/off farm equipment according to established protocols
- Perform issue response according to established protocols
- Perform minor plumbing issue responses according to established protocols
- Complete daily activity logs
- Maintain farm in clean and sanitary condition: minor janitorial tasks- daily mopping, wiping walls, wash trash cans, etc.
- Handle diluted agricultural chemicals
- Create issue tickets as needed
- Assist with loading or unloading of trucks
- Assist with HVAC maintenance s
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma with some college-level courses in life sciences, biology, botany or related coursework or Controlled Environment Agriculture experience, such as commercial greenhouses or grow rooms required
- Equivalent work experience will be considered in place of formal education
- Knowledge of aeroponic or hydroponic production needed
- Positive, dependable, highly organized, and results-oriented
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Work with growers and the rest of our great team to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Scheduling flexibility for overtime as necessary to meet the needs of the job
- Shift work and overnight hours as needed
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including GAP and FSMA food safety regulations
- Bilingual skills preferred.
Be truthful. Be trustworthy. Be honest even in the hardest of moments. Mistakes will happen, nevertheless we show integrity by taking responsibility for our errors, resolving problems and learning from the situation.
This is a team. Working together and sharing ideas helps us to meet and exceed expectations. Listen intently to everyone regardless of their position in the organization, and lend support wherever and whenever you can.
Our success has been as a result of relentless grit through uncharted territory. It is a commitment to achieving the highest levels of performance, both individually and collectively, that defines our work.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Holidays – 8 holidays observed annually
- Flexible Time Off for Regular, Full-Time Staff program under which eligible employees may decide when and how much time to take off from work
- Paid Sick Leave for Regular, Full-Time Staff 5 days/year, annual grant on Jan 1st
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Stock Option
- Wellness programs