The Junior Digital Designer will be a part of the Creative Team reporting to the Director of Marketing. The successful candidate will be a powerful digital producer who can create engaging designs and layouts that reinforce our brand. This position requires visual language to support marketing, business needs, and brand-building initiatives, including e-commerce, digital marketing, campaign execution support, interactive experiences, and more. The primary responsibility of this position is to create innovative, compelling design solutions that balance art and commerce. This person should be a creative thinker, a passionate designer, a skilled and open collaborator, and an artist at heart. This position will work primarily with Willow Wellness, LLC (Willo), a wholly-owned subsidiary of OPO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create concepts, as well as design and develop compelling assets for marketing, business needs, and brand-building initiatives. this includes emails, landing pages, packaging, promotional assets, image cropping/resizing, and posts and stories for social platforms
- Create innovative user experiences based on an understanding of customer needs and brand guidelines
- Communicate original concepts through sketches, wireframes, visual comps, or interactive prototypes
- Research trends in art and digital design within the wellness and food industry; present ideas and concepts for the application of of-the-moment digital innovation
- Work closely with the Creative, Editorial, and Content Operations teams to execute content strategy plans in a manner that is on time and on-brand
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in design, advertising, or related field
- 2-3 years of related experience in marketing or design-related field
- Expert level Adobe Creative Suite knowledge
- Strong design, typography, illustration, and iconography required
- Photo/video editing and animation skills preferred
- Excellent sense of aesthetic design and a strong eye for detail
- Knowledge of art trends, social media visual guidelines, and digital best-practices
- Strong knowledge of current web design best practices and web-production techniques
- Dynamic individual who has energy, enthusiasm, and passion for digital innovation
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of digital marketing channels and specifically social media platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills interacting with business leaders.
- Great with feedback and revisions
- Direct-to-customer experience required
Be truthful. Be trustworthy. Be honest even in the hardest of moments. Mistakes will happen, nevertheless we show integrity by taking responsibility for our errors, resolving problems and learning from the situation.
This is a team. Working together and sharing ideas helps us to meet and exceed expectations. Listen intently to everyone regardless of their position in the organization, and lend support wherever and whenever you can.
Our success has been as a result of relentless grit through uncharted territory. It is a commitment to achieving the highest levels of performance, both individually and collectively, that defines our work.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Holidays – 8 holidays observed annually
- Flexible Time Off for Regular, Full-Time Staff program under which eligible employees may decide when and how much time to take off from work
- Paid Sick Leave for Regular, Full-Time Staff 5 days/year, annual grant on Jan 1st
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Stock Option
- Wellness programs