The primary responsibility of this position is to operate and provide general upkeep of OPO fertigation system (aka Fluidics Skids) including:
- Daily operational inspection and adjustment
- Daily nutrient adjustment per the crop plan set points
- Regular cleaning and sanitation of fertigation system
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily mechanical inspection of the fertigation skid and visible equipment.
- Minor daily mechanical adjustment of the fertigation system to maintain performance specs (tighten fittings, adjust pressure, etc).
- Use test devices or titration kits to measure fertigation nutrient levels.
- Measure nutrients to adjust daily fertigation rate (handle chemicals).
- Document daily inspection findings and corrective actions, create work tickets as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance of fertigation system – filter clean/change, backflush, etc.
- Perform routine sanitation of fertigation system using CIP equipment.
- Operate board washing equipment to clean boards after harvest.
- Operate powered hedge trimmer and other harvest equipment to harvest leafy greens and herbs.
- Assist with HVAC maintenance such as using a ladder to change air filters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, college degree in Agriculture or Plant Science preferred.
- Plumbing, basic carpentry, basic algebra, Excel/Google sheets, calculate dilution ratios.
- Plumbing, basic plant nutrition, how to read a fertilizer label, good chemical handling practices, basic food safety practices.
- Experience with water handling systems such as landscape irrigation, aquariums, etc.
- Experience handling and mixing chemicals such as fertilizers, animal medications, pest control chemicals, etc.
- Experience as a technician.
- Ability to multitask and liaise with professionals in different fields.
- Ability to explain problems simply and clearly.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to follow health and safety regulations.
- Excellent mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Must not be colorblind.
Be truthful. Be trustworthy. Be honest even in the hardest of moments. Mistakes will happen, nevertheless we show integrity by taking responsibility for our errors, resolving problems and learning from the situation.
This is a team. Working together and sharing ideas helps us to meet and exceed expectations. Listen intently to everyone regardless of their position in the organization, and lend support wherever and whenever you can.
Our success has been as a result of relentless grit through uncharted territory. It is a commitment to achieving the highest levels of performance, both individually and collectively, that defines our work.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Holidays – 8 holidays observed annually
- Flexible Time Off for Regular, Full-Time Staff program under which eligible employees may decide when and how much time to take off from work
- Paid Sick Leave for Regular, Full-Time Staff 5 days/year, annual grant on Jan 1st
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Stock Option
- Wellness programs