The primary responsibility of this position is to lead collaboration across the product engineering, plant science, farm operations, and marketing teams, identify gaps in our product offerings and possess the innovative mindset to fill them. The successful Product Manager will support our business strategy of building a premium produce brand around a direct-to-consumer, subscription-based model by 1) growing Willo memberships through the research and development of desirable and profitable products, and 2) helping develop the Willo brand unifying media, customer support, customer experience, subscription offerings, packaging, and produce offerings. This position will work primarily with Willow Wellness, LLC (Willo), a wholly-owned subsidiary of OPO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate across teams in developing new product concepts and relaying information on growing updates, taste tests, technical strategies, cost analysis, and product specifications.
- Identify and define customer needs through research and market data, and assess competition.
- Provide analysis of current trends and have a deep understanding of the market
- Develop and oversee a roadmap for new products (individual crops, mixes, memberships, one-time purchases, and sample programs)
- Lead collaboration with stakeholders and teams on new products
- Assist in the development of product sales/marketing strategies/communications
- Lead continual improvement of the packaging and the delivery experience with sustainability in mind
- Supervise the packaging process (overseeing the presentation of items and evaluating the quality of the packaging)
- Monitor and document new product development flow processes to ensure timely introductions and minimize unnecessary costs.
- Create analyses and reports for management on specified topics and within area
- Maintain new crop production schedules and inventory via Rootstock.
- Evaluate and recommend product pricing as needed
- Participate in QBRs (Quarterly Business Review) and Strategy Sessions
- Develop budgets for identified projects
- Manage multiple projects across all product categories in a high-paced environment.
- Comply with all safety and cGMP requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 – 5 years of related business experience in research and product development
- Excellent problem solving, judgment, and analytical skills are required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Expertise in the food industry
- Superior project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive, and creative
- Team player who collaborates well with others
- Master’s degree in a related field (preferred)
- Prior experience in a startup environment (preferred)
- Direct-to-customer experience (preferred)
Be truthful. Be trustworthy. Be honest even in the hardest of moments. Mistakes will happen, nevertheless we show integrity by taking responsibility for our errors, resolving problems and learning from the situation.
This is a team. Working together and sharing ideas helps us to meet and exceed expectations. Listen intently to everyone regardless of their position in the organization, and lend support wherever and whenever you can.
Our success has been as a result of relentless grit through uncharted territory. It is a commitment to achieving the highest levels of performance, both individually and collectively, that defines our work.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Holidays – 8 holidays observed annually
- Flexible Time Off for Regular, Full-Time Staff program under which eligible employees may decide when and how much time to take off from work
- Paid Sick Leave for Regular, Full-Time Staff 5 days/year, annual grant on Jan 1st
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Stock Option
- Wellness programs