The primary responsibility of this position is to collaborate on the architecture, design, implementation and testability of the backend software system that operates the most technologically advanced cultivation platform on the planet.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the software and engineering teams to develop and refine system, implementation and testability requirements.
- Work with the software engineering teams to implement and deploy high quality production systems that meet the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Lead and mentor junior software engineers in the developing solutions, skillsets and collaborative teamwork.
- Lead collaboratively in triaging production issues and implementing resolutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another STEM field or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience designing, implementing, testing and documenting backend systems (distributed systems a plus).
- Professional experience with REST and HTTP required; professional experience with GraphQL a plus.
- Working knowledge of modern python (3.0+).
Be truthful. Be trustworthy. Be honest even in the hardest of moments. Mistakes will happen, nevertheless we show integrity by taking responsibility for our errors, resolving problems and learning from the situation.
This is a team. Working together and sharing ideas helps us to meet and exceed expectations. Listen intently to everyone regardless of their position in the organization, and lend support wherever and whenever you can.
Our success has been as a result of relentless grit through uncharted territory. It is a commitment to achieving the highest levels of performance, both individually and collectively, that defines our work.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Holidays – 8 holidays observed annually
- Flexible Time Off for Regular, Full-Time Staff program under which eligible employees may decide when and how much time to take off from work
- Paid Sick Leave for Regular, Full-Time Staff 5 days/year, annual grant on Jan 1st
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Stock Option
- Wellness programs