This position will be responsible for the accurate reporting of financial statements to senior management; specific responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining the general ledger and completing month-end close procedures, oversight of accounts payable and accounts receivable, assistance with year-end audit, and additional projects as given by the VP of Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Play a vital part in the company's financial management including working with functional leaders of the Company.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement, and budget variance analyses.
- Review and entry of bank transactions into the general ledger.
- Assist in payroll review.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliations, general ledger accounts, and corporate credit cards.
- Assist in designing and implementing cost accounting for new production facility.
- Assist with monthly/annual physical inventory reconciliation.
- Prepare cost of goods sold and production reports.
- Preparation of working papers for financial statement audit and tax return preparation.
- Contribute to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Recommend ways to reduce costs, enhance revenue and improve processes.
- Assist in the implementation of Rootstock ERP system.
- Assist in special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an accounting field, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 Years' experience in the finance and accounting field.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP.
- ERP system - Rootstock.
- Audit experience preferred.
- Highly ethical with the ability to work cooperatively with other departments without compromising internal controls.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Self-motivated and proactive with strong analytical aptitude.
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience.
Collaboration | Attention to Detail | Diagnostic Information Gathering | Technical Expertise | Resource Utilization | Results Driven/Productivity | Attention to Detail | Strategic Skills