About the recipe
I grew up eating rice almost every day, and it is something that I still do to this day. There are so many different types of rice that you can enjoy it without getting bored with it. This is a great example of that!
I discovered this beautiful green rice on a trip to a specialty grocery shop one day and I got so excited about the possibilities. It is a super easy recipe, with vibrant colors and great textures and looks oh-so-fancy. Serve it warm or room temperature and be ready to wow your family or guests.
- 1 cup jade pearl rice
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup sliced raw almonds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Flaky sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup Willo coriander microgreens
- To make jade pearl rice, place 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rice into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stir once, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Let it cool.
- While the rice is cooking, preheat oven to 350° F. Once hot, toast the almonds on a baking sheet for 7 to 8 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Make sure to watch them as they can easily burn.
- Once everything is cooled, toss together the rice, dried cranberries, toasted almonds, petite coriander microgreens, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Serve lukewarm or at room temperature. Enjoy!