About the recipe
You know about our deep love and belief in the power of food as a direct line to feeling and looking your best. Which is why we’re letting you know about Willo, a vertical farming operation, that is not only transforming food supply and the way it’s grown (their operation uses 90% less water!), but also happens to grow the absolute best greens I’ve ever had. And I’ve had a lot. We partnered with them to create this autumnal salad that would be welcome any night of the week, but would be particularly well received on the big day. Marrying pears, pomegranates and almonds with their extraordinary greens makes for a simple, yet complex, side or main. For me, food and ritual will always be intertwined with beauty, so why not make it delicious? – Kerrilynn Pamer
- 1 pear
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 cup Willo baby kale
- 1 cup Willo rosie pak choi
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- ½ tsp pink salt
- A few big grinds of black pepper
- ½ cup almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut pear in half and coat with 1 tbsp olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Place pear cut-side down, drizzle a bit more olive oil on top and slide into oven. Roast for 15-20 min.
- Once pear is soft and roasted, remove from oven and set aside. Once cool, cut pear into bite-size pieces. While pear is roasting, add your almonds to a skillet over medium heat. Toast until fragrant. Once toasted, cut roughly.
- Cut pomegranate in half, remove seeds, and set aside. Add Willo greens to large bowl and toss in pear, pomegranate, almonds, salt, pepper, 2 tbsp of vinegar and a generous sprinkling of togarashi.
- Coat with around 2 tbsp olive oil and marry ingredients together with your hands, being careful and gentle with the greens. Plate on two plates, adding salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!