About the recipe
Ricotta is a staple in my fridge – there are so many ways to use it, from cakes, to pancakes to a base for a crostini!
I know this combo sounds unusual, but when I discovered it in a little cafe in Santa Monica I’ve been obsessed ever since. It is a wonderful breakfast or snack option, and if you don’t have strawberries at hand, try substituting with blackberries. The tartness of the blackberries paired with the ricotta cheese makes for a great alternative.
Makes 12 crostinis.
- 1 fresh baguette, sliced into 1/2 -inch rounds
- 12 oz fresh ricotta
- 10-12 organic strawberries, thinly sliced
- Good quality balsamic glaze
- Fresh Willo mint leaves to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Arrange baguette rounds on a baking sheet and toast for about 5 minutes or until golden but not hard.
- Generously spread fresh ricotta cheese on the baguette rounds and top with 3 or 4 strawberry slices. To serve, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, mint leaves and salt and pepper to taste.